Side events complement the official programme of the ECOSOC Forum on Financing for Development (FfD) follow-up and provide additional space for all stakeholders and participants to discuss substantive matters of the Financing for Development agenda in greater detail. Side events can also serve as a platform for announcing new initiatives and commitments.
2021 FfD Forum
Please find the programme of side events here.
A range of relevant side events will complement the official programme of the 2021 ECOSOC Forum on Financing for Development (FfD) follow-up and provide additional space for all stakeholders and participants to discuss substantive matters of the Financing for Development agenda in greater detail. Stakeholders are encouraged to organize joint side events, allowing for presentation of diverse perspectives and supporting the inclusive approach of the FfD process.
Recordings and/or summaries of side events are available at the following links:
- Leaving no one behind: Financing Sustainable Recovery from COVID-19 in LLDCs
- Benchmarks and building back better: strengthening policy coherence for global sustainability standards
- Pushing stakeholder capitalism through international cooperation
- How can development finance address the vulnerability challenge in LDCs and other vulnerable countries: Improving allocation and supporting structural transformation
- Launch of the Addis Tax Initiative Declaration 2025: Tax systems that work for people and advance the SDGs
- Financing for Disaster Risk Reduction and a Risk-Informed Approach to Investing Across the SDGs
- Financing COVID-19 recovery for a green, purple, and digital transition that leaves no one behind
- Debt-for-Climate Swaps for Small Island Developing States: An Innovative Approach to Preventing A SIDS Debt Crisis
- Integrated National Financing Frameworks: Advancing implementation in support of recovery
- Blockchain financial platform for automatic distribution
- Maximizing Mining Revenues for Sustainable Development in the 21st Century
- COVID recovery and our planet's repair must be two sides of the same coin: Financing nature-based solutions is path to holistic and equitable recovery from pandemic
- Risk-informed Financing Frameworks: Vulnerabilities, Local Realities and the Cost of Inaction
- Grassroots community-based research findings: "Asks" to strengthen social protection, digital and financial inclusion, and climate finance in a post-COVID-19 era
- The FACTI report – how to take recommendations forward
- Building the financing architecture for the full spectrum of SDG investment opportunities in LDCs
For any questions, please contact the Financing for Sustainable Development Office at email@example.com.